Friday, August 19, 2011

To My 5 Year Old Diva

My Dearest Lillian,
Oh how fast 5 years has gone.  It seems like only yesterday you were making your much anticipated debut into the world.

Yesterday you turned 5 years old.
You proudly declared the last night of being 4, "my last night as a four year old...I think I'm going to enjoy it." 
And then you entered your first morning as a 5 year old by marching in our room and shouting at 6:45am..."I'M 5!!!" 
Oh how I do love your enthusiasm. 

I want you to know, my baby, that I have treasured these 5 years with you.
I have loved every moment with you.
The imagination games you make up.
The silly giggles.
The constant wardrobe changes.
The way you start each day with more energy than I could ever dream of--my favorite is still the way you used to wake me up by pushing your buggy into our room while wearing a princess crown...even at 6:30 in the morning that is hysterical.
The way you love to watch movies.
The way you tell me you love me...from "Mommy I love you so much" to "Mommy I love you more than that sidewalk over there." 
The way you love your grandparents and great-grandparents.
The way you love Jesus with all your heart.
The way you know how to make someone feel special.
The way you make friends.
The way you love your brother and teach him so much.

I am so excited to see what this year holds for you.  I know it will be full of smiles and giggles...because that's how everyday is with you!
Thank you for being my girl.
I love you,
-mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment