Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Joy-filled Year

Tomorrow is the last day of 2010...wow...it's so surreal to think that this time last year I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of my baby boy...and now he is almost one!
This time every year I love to recount all the joys that I experienced during the year...and since I'm blogging now I can write them all down!

Giving birth to my precious baby boy
The experience was so joyful!  We actually got to deliver him in the same room that we delivered Lilly!  Tim read scripture out loud, and peaceful praise songs filled the air.  It was so calm and peaceful.  He came into the world with no complications and even made me think...I could do this again!
Welcoming my first two nephews into the world
My sister gave birth to twin boys on May 13.  Thankfully there were no complications and the boys were healthy.  I never knew I could love two little boys that much that were not my own.  I am so happy to be an Aunt...and I have a fun aunt name...Aunt B!
Doing Preschool at home
With the turn of the economy we had to cut several fun activities from our budget.  One of those being preschool.  I was so nervous to do this, but God blessed me with the ability and curriculum to do preschool at home!  We started in the summer doing school-time while Graham would nap.  Lilly took to it very well.  Even though we have backed off of it considerably (do to the fact that Graham doesn't nap as much) Lilly has learned just as much from me as she would have at school.  Plus, it was precious time with her that I will never get back.  We are going to keep it up and then in August 2011 she will go back to preschool.
Turning Four
Lilly turned four this year.  We had a birthday bash for her at our home...and it rained like crazy!  Thankfully we were still able to do all the slip-n-slides in the rain.  She said afterwards, "I didn't mind the rain at all...it made it more fun!"  I love my positive little lady.
Welcoming my first niece into the world
God blessed us again in September with little Gracelynn Rose.  She was born to Tim's brother Stephen and his wife Melissa.  She was so tiny, but has grown considerably in her first little 4 months of life.  I love that little girl so much.
A White Christmas
One of the biggest blessings of all was getting to celebrate Christmas.  It was Graham's first Christmas and God blessed us with snow!  The first time in 128 years!  It wasn't much, but it was still beautiful.  And even more proof that God loves us and cares about the little things.  (I can't tell you how many times I have prayed for a White Christmas!)

These are just a few of the great milestones from this year.  I am so thankful to have this blog as an outlet to record all of Gods blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment