Thursday, December 16, 2010

I am now a conspiracy theorist

Maybe it's because we didn't leave our home for 94 hours (yes I kept track).  Or maybe they were just bored, but I swear my children have been conspiring against me for the past few days.
Here's how it all went down:

We have been cooped up all week because some magical force transported my entire state to the frozen tundra.  After two days...cabin fever set in.
As I was vacuuming my room Graham was happily playing with the cord...sounds a bit dangerous I know...but I was watching him closely.  Plus..HELLO!!!...I was actually getting to vacuum!!!
Suddenly I realized I wasn't tripping over him anymore.  I dropped the vacuum (still running) and darted into the bathroom...only to see him grinning at me with both hands splashing in the potty. 
I quickly scooped him up and proceeded to wash his hands thoroughly...all the while gagging.  (Let me make note here that the toilet was clean...it's just still gross to me)
When out of the corner of my eye what do I see?  Why it's my innocent darling girl jumping on my bed with a dirty broom. 
"Ewwwwwww!  Get that thing off my bed Lilly!"  I screamed. 
As I was shooing her off the bed, and the dirt and dust bunnies the broom left behind, I set Graham down. 
When out of the corner of my other eye I notice him sucking on the snot jerker!  (Booger snatcher, aspirator, turkey baster...call it what you may...it's disgusting!)
"GROSS!!!!!  Get that thing out of your mouth Graham!"  I hollered.
All the while the vacuum cleaner is still running.

Thank goodness I don't have more than two eyes.  I can only handle catching them doing gross and disgusting things so much.  

2 comments:

  1. It does seem like they have been working together to drive you crazy. Don't they know Santa is watching to see who is naughty or nice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you don't even need an elf to get into mischief at your house...the kiddos can do it on their own!

    ReplyDelete