Saturday, September 4, 2010

Too Many Weddings?

This summer has been an absolute blast for my family!  Even though we didn't have a long vacation like we usually do, we still managed to pack it full of lots of fun and exciting adventures.
Some of the adventures of the summer included several weddings that we all attended.  Weddings are always fun.  They make me remember my own wedding...and I get all teary eyed.  The weddings we attended this summer all had one thing in common...dancing.   When you tell a four year old diva...I mean girl...that there will be dancing at the wedding, "excited" doesn't even begin to describe the emotions coursing through.  And at each event she proved to us that she DEFINITELY knows how to break it down.
The other day at breakfast Lilly came out of nowhere and said, "Mommy, can we sing a song?"  I was excited because I thought it was going to be one of those mommy/daughter moments you remember forever...sitting at the breakfast table singing Jesus Loves Me or BINGO.  I even thought that maybe she was recalling one of the newer songs she had learned from my grandmother.  Needless to say I was excited about this special moment we were about to share.
I said to Lilly, "Go ahead sweetheart...let's sing."  What came out of her mouth surprised me so much that I laughed out loud.  She sang, "Apple bottom jeans and the boots with the fur...she hit the flo...next thing you know...baby got low low low low low low low low." Song (If you are unfamiliar with this song click the link and close your eyes...now picture Lilly singing)
I was speechless.
Finally I said, "Lilly...where did you hear that song?"
She said, "Oh, just the weddings."
So with all the fun things we did this summer I am left asking one question...did we go to too many weddings?

4 comments:

  1. Wow! So your daughter likes Flo Rider, huh? Does she know the rest of the lyrics because I don't believe they get any better? I'm still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! Picturing Lilly singing this is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too many weddings, it just means when she turns 21 she'll be going out with Aunt Erin and Aunt Abby! I love it! That is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete