Sunday, September 26, 2010

One Little, Two Little, Three Little...WHAT?

(This entry comes with a disclaimer...we do not talk like this in our home)

Lilly loves to sing...she always has.  Even before she could speak words she would babble (in Chinese I think) different songs. 
The other day she said, "Mommy, let's sing!!"  Thinking back to the other day when she busted out with the Flo Rider song, I was wondering where this road would lead us.  I said, "Ok baby, you start."  This is what she sang:
"One little, two little, three little midgets.  Four little, five little, six little midgets.  Seven little, eight little, nine little midgets...ten little midgets now!"
Ok...this time there was no hiding it...I busted out laughing in complete shock.  I said, "Lilly, where did you hear the word midget?"  She said, "Chief told it to me (chief is my dad)." 
I proceeded to call Chief and tell him...to which he vehemently denied.
So without making her feel bad, I asked if she meant to say ingene instead and she said "oh yeah!" 
BUT...when you ask her to sing the song...she still says midget. 
I guess I'll correct her later...it's just too cute.

1 comment:

  1. I think that I will never be able to hear this song again without thinking of Lilly's version. Very funny!

    ReplyDelete