Thursday, September 16, 2010

Homemade Applesauce...yum yum!

So I made homemade applesauce yesterday with North Georgia apples...and it was amazing!  A friend suggested I post the recipe...so here you go Rach!

Peel and slice a bunch of apples!
Put them into a crock pot with a little bit of water in the bottom
If you like cinnamon applesauce then sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top
Turn the crock pot on high and let them cook (a few hours)
Stir every now and then
When the apples turn mushy you can either mash them up with a potato masher (for lumpier sauce) or put them into a blender for a creamier sauce.
(I do the blender version because after it's creamy I pour it into an ice cube tray and freeze it to make baby food for later)
Serve it hot for an awesome HEALTHY dessert!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! I will definitely being trying this this Fall!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete