Monday, August 30, 2010

How to diaper my boy

Graham has decided he no longer wants to wear diapers.  I don't understand why, or how, this realization has dawned on my almost eight month old, but it has.  This is how it works:
-I lay him down
-he flips over
-I flip him back over and get one snap off of his shirt...
-and already he's flipped back over
-This continues until all snaps are undone
-Sit up and stretch my back because I am hunched over on the floor because the changing table doesn't work anymore (why you may ask) because he has almost flipped off of it too many times...sigh
-While I was stretching he has crawled to his nightlight and is trying to get it off the wall
-I drag him back and begin to undo his diaper
-The constant flipping continues...but this time there is screaming involved...on both parties
-If there is a "surprise" in the diaper I proceed to wipe it off of the feet, ankles, knees, my hands, my elbows and what ever is left on the bum-bum
-Sit up and stretch again...wipe brow of the tiny beads of sweat
-Realize he is no longer in the room...check the bathroom first because he has discovered the toilet...see him pulling up on the toilet...gross!
-lay him down again and start handing him toy after toy
-toys no longer work...start making crazy monkey sounds to get his attention
-monkey sounds work for one side of the diaper...now he is bored...
-flips over again
-start making popping sounds
-popping sounds work for the second side
-AND HE'S DIAPERED!
-do victory dance
-fall on my face from exhaustion
-realize he's left the room again

2 comments:

  1. I have a feeling this is what I have to look forward to in a couple of months. Erickson is already so much harder to diaper than Sylvia was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. It took both Lee and me to get him diapered the other night. Lee ended up holding him in the air while I tried in vain to get three little snaps snapped! You described it perfectly! Keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete