Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Dreaded Full Moon

It doesn't happen on every full moon, but it happens enough to make me cringe a little when I see it is going to be a full moon.
I'm talking about a sleepless night in my house.
I hear other moms talk about crazy things that happen at their homes as well on full moons, but mine takes the cake this time.

It started around 8pm that night.  Hurricane Sandy had just made landfall in the Northeast and I couldn't take my eyes off of the TV.  I was glued to the weather channel until I made myself get up and go to bed around 10:30.  I was exhausted and knew I needed my sleep.
That was when Ezra decided to wake up for the first time that night.
I proceeded to nurse him and get him back to sleep...all the while watching more weather channel coverage.
Around 11 I tucked myself into bed.
About 1am Tim and I were jolted awake by the sound of his guitar in our room. 
He has it on a stand in the corner of the room.
I said, "what the crap was that!!!"  (I was a little surprised at myself for hollering out the word crap at 1am)
Tim said, "I think it was my guitar."  (and he proceeded to just sit there in the dark)
I said, "well turn the light on dummy!" (I'm obviously not very nice at this time of morning)
He turned on his lamp to see absolutely nothing.
So he turned his light off and got up to use the bathroom.
At this point I am laying there trying to figure out what played his guitar.  It was incredibly windy outside so I thought maybe that had something to do with it...I have no idea why that made sense to me...but it did!
As he was using the bathroom, another lovely cord was strummed across his guitar.
I leaped out of the bed and screamed "holy crap someones playing your guitar!"  (once again...another reference to crap at 1am...what's my problem?)
Tim turned on the light just in time to see a giant black bug the size of my fist crawling across his guitar strings!!! 
With all those legs he was playing an actual cord!!!!
It was horrible!!!!
Tim proceeded to kill the bug and we crawled back into bed.
As I lay there with adrenaline coursing through my veins, I couldn't help but think about other bugs and how they might be trying to find their way into my room.
I finally drifted off to sleep...
But only for about an hour and a half.
Around 3am Graham woke up screaming with a nightmare.
We finally got him back to sleep and we climbed back into bed...again.
Around 5am Ezra woke up again to eat.
At this point Tim said, "what's the use" and proceeded to get up and get ready for work.
We proceeded to walk through our day like Zombies and then learned it had been a full moon.  Nights like that are hard to recover from, but they sure are fun to laugh about.

No comments:

Post a Comment